Chef Kenneth and Meiko were cheffing it up at the Izzy & Liv Ultimate Pop-Up Experience at Essence Fest 2019! They made a delicious Brown Sugar Salmon that had us all drooling. If you’re trying to make your own, here’s what you need to know!
Total time: 20 minutes
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2 8 oz. salmon filets
2 ½ teaspoons savory seasoning or seasoning salt
2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
3 tablespoons olive oil, plus 1 teaspoon
1 cup unsalted chicken stock
½ cup jasmine rice
¼ cup crushed pineapples
5 oz. baby spinach
1 teaspoon sesame seeds
1. Season each salmon with ½ teaspoon of seasoning, 1 teaspoon of oil and 1 tablespoon brown sugar.
2. In a sauce pot over high heat bring stock to a boil add 2 teaspoons oil and rice. Reduce heat to low and cook for 10 minutes. Once rice is done stir in pineapples, cover for 5 minutes.
3. In a skillet over medium high heat add 1 tablespoon of oil, once hot add salmon skin side up. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 2 minutes, pop in oven for 5 minutes.
4. In a skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon of oil and cook spinach and season with 1 ½ teaspoon of seasoning cook until wilted.
5. To assemble: rice, spinach, salmon and garnish with sesame seeds.
Notes: You can substitute ½ cup of coconut milk to give the rice a creamier texture.
ENJOY! If you make it for yourself, take a picture and tag us @izzyandliv #izzyandliv!