- What'Going On?* By Marvin Gaye. ‚ a timeless classic written by Obie Benson whose witness of police brutality during an anti-war protest inspired the track. With police brutality occurring today, the song is quite fitting.
- We Are The World* by USA* (United Support of Artists) for Africa-* Lionel Richie, Michael Jackson, and Quincy Jones banded together to write a song about the poverty in Africa to inspire donations for the non-profit organization. The song was remade back in 2010 to fundraise money for Haiti after their devastating earthquake.
- Dreamer* by Prince‚ A heavy hitter with some killer guitar riffs is this track by Prince. This song re-emphasizes Dr. Martin Luther King Jr'I have a dreamspeech. With race being a hot issue today, it is sad we have still fight to be treated right.
- Earth Song* by Michael Jackson‚Äì While this song is not precisely about climate change, Michael Jackson was an activist who spoke on just about anything unjust including the* destruction of our environment and the animals who suffer because of man'apathy towards it. If you are somebody who'an environmentalist, this song is key to your playlist.
- Freedom* by Kendrick Lamar & Beyonce‚Äì This is a must have. Though the song is a track for the black lives matter movement, I'm sure many other ethnic groups who feel marginalized today can relate to this song on some accord. Highly recommend you watch Beyonce and Kendrick Lamar'BET performance of this track. It'simply powerful.
What other songs are on your protest playlist? Let us know below!